Monday, August 23, 2010

Much Better Monday...

Today was a MUCH better beginning to my week. My talk I had with my students (most of them anyway) must have been pretty convincing because I had little to no disruptions today. The ones who decided to talk and not follow directions however, did receive checks today and at the end of the day when I wrote those in their planners, I saw some disappointed faces. I even had one or two cry. I think the worst thing of the whole day was when one of my little girls got mad at me because I took her calculator. Granted, I had already told her we would not be using them for Math, but she took it upon herself to work on her classwork with it (adding and subtracting 5 digit numbers) and was not showing me any work. I took it and locked it in my cabinet in my classroom. Well then she put her fingers in her ears because she didn't want to hear a word I said, followed by balling up the note to her mother that I was sending. Needless to say, she not only got a Not Following Directions for having the calculator, but she also received a Disrespectful check too.

My 3 principals came in today while we were doing reading in class. I continued my lesson as if they weren't even there, but I was noticing how our head principal was pointing out things in my room and on my lesson plans. I started to get nervous but there was smiling and nodding, so I'm guessing he liked something he was seeing. Following his visit, I received an email that told all the teachers they had to have certain things posted. Thankfully I have all of that done. We are going to be under scrutiny tomorrow and Wednesday because we have principals from all over the district coming in to check out how we work. Hopefully we will make a good score. Myself especially. I love what I do, but its so nerve wracking to have a complete stranger trying to tell you if they think you are a good teacher or a bad one.

Weight Watchers is going GREAT! I did use some of my flex "cheat" points over the weekend, but that's okay. That is what they are there for. I didn't do it too bad. The "liquid bread" that I consumed did take up a large part of those points though. I started back hard core today so that I wouldn't be off and ruin all the work I have already done. 4lbs lost folks!!!!!!!!!

I'm finding that my stamina is building weekly as I'm working out. I couldn't believe it when I stayed on the eliptical for 20 whole minutes on Thursday night. I didn't even realize it had been that long. Having friends to work out with is doing wonders for me. :) They keep me accountable and make me want to push myself even further. I even have ladies at work trying to join me on my weight loss goals. They don't want to lose the same amount I do, but they do want to try to lose a little bit and get back in shape. I used to always tease that "round is a shape", but lately it isn't the shape I want to be. I'm looking for more of an hourglass approach. ;)

I hope everyone has had a Marvelous Monday! Until then, this is Jana off to find another adventure...

Breakfast
~ Raspberry Cereal Bar
~ 1 Cheese Cube

Lunch
~ 1 Small Wendy's Chili
~ 1 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger

Dinner
~ 1 Wendy's Double Stack with Cheese

Late Nite
~ Bowl of Cereal with 2% milk

Total Points for Day: 36pts (8pts over budget...take from flex points for this week)

Exercise
Morning
~ None
Evening
~ 30 minutes on Treadmill (Fat Burning Setting)
~ 20 minutes on Eliptical (Fat Burning Setting)
~ 15 minutes on Weight Machines (3 reps of 10 per machine)

0 comments:

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design