Monday, August 16, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday...

Monday's are never my favorite day. Monday to me always mean my longest workday of the week. Monday's are a teachers most dreaded day. Not only does it mean we have to deal with calming kids down after their crazy weekends, but we also have to deal with making copies, parent complaints, lesson plans, faculty meetings, and etc. It's a LOT to do in one day.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job and wouldn't change it for anything, but something has got to give. How about we move the faculty meetings to another day, or perhaps maybe a parent can give me two seconds to breath before sending me ANOTHER note about the same thing over and over again. I'm not Super Woman, nor do I pretend to be.

But the real reason I dread Monday's is because of those dreaded words, "I'm starting my diet back on Monday". How many of us have actually said these words? Show of hands? Well if you knew me, you'd know that I am the queen of diets. I actually have tried just about everything out there. I've done Sugar Busters where "Sugar is BAD!". I've done South Beach Diet where you have to only eat certain foods on certain days. I've tried the heart diet, and the diebetic diet, the 4 Day diet, and the Atkins diet (which did work, but you immediatly gain back your weight as soon as you stop it) and am currently trying "Weight Watchers".

Weight Watchers is a diet in which you count "points". Each food you eat has a certain point value. The higher the points, the less of it you should really eat. For example: I can eat a honey bun in the morning for 7pts OR I can eat a cup of frosted mini wheats with a half cup milk, a banana, and a glass of orange juice for right around 8pts. It's about making good choices to make a healthier you. And believe me when I say, it really does work. I've lost right around 30lbs since I started it. However, as of late I have not been a good girl and I have made some pretty crappy food choices, so sadly I gained back ten pounds. However, that is all about to change!

A lady I work with is doing Weight Watchers too so we have decided to become "Food Buddies". What that means is that we monitor what the other eats while at school. For example: today was a co-workers birthday and we were offered a cupcake. We could have taken the cupcake and eaten it and been off on our points, but instead we enjoyed some mixed fruit and saved our points for a bigger dinner. It's all about working together for the common good. (That being our waist lines!)

I also managed to talk two other ladies that I work with to start a workout group with me. We have all agreed to work out every evening together for at least an hour. I took it upon myself to add a morning routine so that I can feel like I'm getting cardio and weight training in without killing myself. So I get up around 4:15am Mon-Fri and go to the gym until 5:30 or so. (They are asleep) Then I go to work all day, come home and eat dinner, and then go to the gym with them at 6pm every evening Mon-Thurs. It's a lot of work to make sure that I get up and stay awake, but it will be so worth it. My goal is to drop 100lbs within the next year. My goal from now until my 25th birthday in February is 50lbs. :) The best part is that the goal is attainable as long as I lose around 1 and a half to 2lbs every week. (Which is a healthy amount according to my doctor!)

I know some people don't care to know anything about Weight Watchers or me dieting...again, but if that is the case, you can just get off of this page now. For those of you who want to keep finding out new stuff, stay tuned. I'll update my food and exercise log daily...or weekly if I get too busy and can't get on the computer. Just be on the lookout.

This is Jana, off to find another adventure...

Breakfast
~ 1 cup Frosted Mini Wheats Cereal (Kroger Brand)
~ 1/2 cup 2% Milk
~ 1 cup Orange Juice
~ 1/2 half cup of Strawberries sliced (Not Scrawberries)

Total Points: 7

Lunch
***BLT***
~ 2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
~ 1 Tablespoon Mayo
~ 1 Cup Lettuce
~ 2 Slices Tomato
~ 3 Slices Turkey Bacon Cooked
~ 1 Small Cheese Pack (Individual Wrapped Cheese Stick)
~ 1 cup fruit sliced (Banana/Strawberry/Grape)

Total Points: 11

Dinner
~ 1 Weight Watchers Ready to Eat Meal
***Sante Fe Beans and Rice***

Total Points: 6

Late Nite
~ 3 Lite Beers

Total Points: 6

Total for Day: 30pts

Exercise Morning
~ 30 Minutes on Treadmill (Fat Burn Setting)
~ 10 Minutes on Eliptical

Total Calories Burned: 400

Exercise Evening
~ 30 Minutes on Treadmill (Fat Burn Setting)
~ 30 Minutes of Weight Training
~ 1 Hr Swim in the Pool

Total Calories Burned: 600

Total for Day: 1,000 Calories!!!!

0 comments:

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design