Monday, September 13, 2010

Life Recently...A Summation

Greetings Readers. I am so sorry I have been away for so long. A special apology goes out to Erin and Amber, both of whom have questioned my whereabouts and asked, "When are you planning to write another blog?" Here I am, fulfilling your wish! :)

The past two weeks have been so jam packed with things to do and illness and travel that I really haven't had much time for updates. As a matter of fact, as I write this, I am downing a bowl of frosted flakes because I am STARVING! I'm having to find time to get a bite to eat along this crazy and busy road.

Let's start where we left off...two weekends ago. As most of you read, I was gearing up for a weekend in Atlanta, GA where my friend Monique was having a ring ceremony for her marriage with her now husband Clark on Saturday. (Congrats again you guys) It was one of the most beautiful ceremonies. It took place at sunset and the colors she chose were yellow and deep blue. A beautiful combo if I do say so myself. :) Before making the trip to Atlanta though, Austin and I stopped in to stay with my friend Sara Beth, who was kind enough to let us sleep on her pull out couch so that instead of a 7hr drive, we would only have to drive 4 the next morning. (Thanks girl!) So let's see, Friday spent with Sara Beth...Saturday was the Wedding...now onto Sunday. On Sunday, my whole group of college friends that went to Moe's Wedding and the Bride and Groom, all met up for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. It was nice to share one last meal together before everyone headed their own way. Austin and I went with two of my friends Anna and Benson to the World of Coca-Cola. If you have never been, you should def check it out. Make sure to try the Coke from Italy called "Beverly"...or better yet, don't try it! It's AWFUL! Following the Coke Factory, we all headed our seperate ways home. Anna and Benson to Tupelo, and Austin and I back to Columbus to stay with Sara Beth. Since Monday was a holiday, we didn't rush to get back to Jackson. We milled around with Sara Beth and met up with my college friend Jenny at Chili's for some much needed lunch/supper before heading back to Jackson. We got back to Jackson around 10pm and headed straight to bed. We were exhausted!

..................................................................* Big Breath*................................................................................

Tuesday morning set us back into the swing of things. I headed to work bright and early on Tuesday morning having accomplished absolutely nothing that I NEEDED to accomplish. All that grading that I planned to do while we were driving was still ungraded in the back seat of my car. *Sigh* I got to school and we had a LONG day of teaching and teacher meetings.

By Wednesday I really started feeling awful. I had some really bad sinus stuff going on. Even though I felt bad, I still had to go to meetings from 1-4, not to mention dealing with students from 7-12. All in all a pretty crappy day for me.

When I woke up on Thursday morning, I quite literally could not get up out of bed. I felt like a sledgehammer had hit me. I called in sick, but still had to go in long enough to set up my classroom for a sub. I spent the remainder of the day either sleeping or cleaning house in between naps.

Friday I returned to school and much to my dismay my sub left me a bad note. However, after some investigation I found that the sub was to blame for the behavior. She did not follow my lesson plans, nor did she take my students to the restroom. It was ridiculous. After school let out on Friday, I headed to my apartment and packed my bag. Once Austin got to Byram, we left and headed to see my family in Alabama.

Saturday was so much fun. We spent the day with my parents and then went to my God-Daughter Daveney's birthday party. It was amazing! I was so happy to get to spend it with her and her family.

Sunday we drove home and just chilled in the pool and went to bed around 11pm. It was so nice just to relax and do nothing.

........................................................................* Mini Breath*.......................................................................

So all of that leads us to today. Today was pretty good. Just very busy. I feel so behind in my lessons and can't seem to catch up. I have so much I need to be doing, but I just don't feel like I have time to squeeze it in. My students and I work from the time we come in the door until the time they leave at 3:20. Then I get to work some more. There are just not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything that I need to get accomplished.

For those of you who have been wondering how my diet is going, it is going pretty well. I'm down a total of 10lbs. I have been working out religiously (except last week due to illness) and am going to continue my workout sessions today. As a matter of fact, I am typing this prior to my session today. :)

Following my workout I will be grading/filing/sorting/etc papers and getting my desk fixed from where my sub tried to "help" me by cleaning up my desk area. I have a lot to do and not enough time to do it. I promise an update again soon. Until then...this is Jana off to find another adventure...

1 comments:

B said...

I had some much fun that weekend! And I'm so jealous you got to see Jenny! I miss you so much already!

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design